- Gotta own the stores/real estate/I.P./etc
- Delegate everything so you can focus on growing the business, give responsibility, goals and a budget and then let people get on with it
- You can get a market advantage by being the biggest that will make up for many other things
- When you’re doing deals stay until the job is done
- Perception is reality, act as though you are and it will create the fact
- Business is showmanship entertain people and they will thank you for it
- To get rid of politics anytime you here that someone is unhappy with someone else, then get them both together and sort it out
- Behave like you want others to behave
- Be sure to write in the franchise contract that we can sell the business and if we do sell then we reserve the right to change the franchise agreement
- Tell people the bad news as well as the good,
- Get other people of influence to invest in the biz to create credibility
- Customer service is everything
- Get the opinions of others but ultimately you make the decision
- Control the money
- Share a hope, share a dream but never share a doubt.
- Make BIG promises then figure out how to fulfil them, put yourself under pressure to perform.
- Test small then role out big.
- With a new product you have to give away the product as a sample to get people to try it, people have a natural aversion to trying new things so give it to them for free to build trust and a market base.
- When hiring people don’t hire for the job as it is, hire for the job you plan it to become (so if you’re at £5 million and your goal is to build a £10 million company hire the person you’ll need when you have a £10 million company.)
They’ve cost me a lot of money to learn and I read them everyday so as to remember them!